- We offer 2 different services dependent on need.
- Both services are by referral only.
- Our services are for women, women and their families, or men who are primary
- A referral can be made to FOOD BANK by any registered professional for service
users who have no money to buy food, clothes, toiletries, cleaning products or
- A referral can be made to FOOD PANTRY by any registered professional for
service users who have less than £10 per adult and £5 per child per week for food.
(Service is accessed by a set donation dependent on size of the family.)
- Referrals could be due to on-going circumstances, a temporary issue or crisis.
- A mandatory financial assessment is to be carried out. A basic financial
assessment form is attached if required. Please do not send the assessment to Emmeline’s. This is for your records only.
- Referrals for FOOD BANK can be from 1-8 weeks dependent on need (please specify
on the referral form).
- Referrals for FOOD PANTRY will last for 3 months.
- Another referral can be made if circumstances have not improved.
- Referrals can only be accepted from an organisation that is registered with us.
- Referrals must be from professionals who are supporting the family on a regular
- Referrals are for a specific length of time and cannot be carried over. If a visit is missed, for example if someone is referred for 2 weeks and cannot make the 2nd
visit, they cannot attend the week after.
- Referrals can be made for service users who live in an area that would pay council tax to Manchester City Council.
We have a Zero Tolerance policy re. aggressive behaviour towards staff,
volunteers and other service users.
Please note due to our risk assessment protocol and our ethos of “choice”,
clients must pick up their own items. If workers are collecting for the service
user, only non-perishable items can be taken.
If you are a professional worker and would like to register to refer please request a registration form on email address below.
Please send referral forms or any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org